The new body style for the Dodge Ram 1500 has been a huge hit. The trucks have never been more popular and record numbers of Alberta Ram owners are trading each month.
This is good news for the manufacturer, the dealers, and especially Dodge Ram owners. The more popular the brand, the more valuable your old style ram is.
As a rule, when new models are showing strong sales, the older versions also see an increase in demand. This is certainly the case right now in the Edmonton market.
If you are a Dodge Ram owner and have been considering trading up to the new body style, Now may be a great time to do so. Here’s why;
1. As I write this, we have over 100 new Dodge Ram 1500s on our lot available for immediate sale and more than that on route us. This number will not increase as the production of 2010 models has ended.
2. Dodge Canada is currently offering a massive factory incentive of $8,250 PLUS 0% financing for 36 months on all 2010 Dodge Ram 1500s. Although there is no guarantee the rebate will continue beyond the end of July, history would indicate, the 2010 inventory will “sell out” before the programs “run out.” (Update: as expected, the program has been extended for August.)
3. Again, based on what the factory has done the past several years, when the 2011s arrive in the fall, the incentives, if any, will most certainly be much less than they are now on the 2010 model. (Exactly the same truck, built on the same assembly line, only a few months earlier, with a rebate of $8,250 and 0%.)
4. Half of all used truck sales at Sherwood Park Dodge are Dodge Ram 1500s. We can never find enough of these trucks. Our number one supplier is you, Dodge Ram 1500 owners.
5. Have you driven the 2010 Dodge Ram 1500?
So let’s recap.
– The 2011 Dodge Ram 1500 will be exactly the same as the 2010.
– The 2010 model has a rebate of $8,250 and 0% financing for 36 months.
– Our biggest used truck seller is the Dodge Ram 1500.
– Sherwood Park Dodge has too many new 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 trucks.
– We have too few used Dodge Ram 1500 trucks for our used lot.
– The 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 is awesome.
Is now a great time to consider trading your old style Ram for a new one?
PS; If this blog entry looks like a blatant shameless sales pitch, it is. I truly believe Dodge Ram 1500 buyers in July, who are trading an older Ram, will get tremendous value as the rebates combined with the increased value of their trades will make for some fantastic deals.